Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Betting On Colleagues

Phil Factor's adventure in betting on colleagues had me grinning insanely today for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, the situation whereby the Peter Principle results in the creation of a mean-spirited authoritarian made me think of some playground fight talk. "My autocrat could kick your autocrat's butt!" Did your autocrat ban employees from taking vacation in December and force them to be available on Christmas Day, primarily because of his piss-poor planning? I invite anyone to top that (except, perhaps game industry folks). Bring it on!

Secondly, I would be intrigued to run a pool on my colleagues in the same manner - except instead of promotions, the best game in town is betting on who will find a better existence outside the team. Any escape counts: another team, another company, permanent disability, even death. I fear, however, that with PUEM's pathological greediness, he would try to rig the books by betting on himself and then running into the path of an oncoming bus.

I couldn't possibly live with those consequences. The incremental loss of psycho content for the blog would sadden me greatly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


More blogs about technology.
Technorati Blog Finder