Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Dream Within A Dream

Sometimes, when I have nothing better to do, or perhaps when I've gone without lunch and I get a bit hyperglycemic, I start pondering the essence of reality. Is my entire working life merely a dream brought on by some bad cheese?*

Lately, however, it's become a bit more Daliesque than usual. Instead of my days being filled with headless bloodsucking chicken managers (the fangs near the backsides, where the heads disappeared) and girlie-man BSAs who cry at the first sign of someone doing better work than them, life has been relatively calm. The circus has left town temporarily, and I'm feeling at once glad and curiously empty.

A dream, perhaps, within the nightmare. Perky Pet Analyst has turned out, as I suspected, to be an uber-capable pragmatist and refreshingly candid; Analysis Manager and I have been able to have frank conversations about my grievances with *gasp* humor; and I have now been roped in to help a truly top crew of geeks to do some rapid prototyping.

My mentor, the technical services manager, has also set up a blog so I can pilot the use of the medium for better communication in the team.

A blog within a blog... Spooky.

*The definition of bad cheese is a contentious subject; whilst some argue that any form of fermented dairy is an abhorrence of nature, another view suggests that any cheese with colouring approximating highlighter fluid and/or extruded from aerosol canisters should be banned from the face of the globe. This is merely a semantic matter: the latter is not cheese, but in fact "Cheez."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


More blogs about technology.
Technorati Blog Finder